Thursday, June 30, 2011

Batter-Fried Chicken Tenders

I admit it: I've got a thing for fried chicken.

It all started when I was little, growing up (for a while, at least), in southeast Georgia. Let me just say that I was blessed with elders who loved to cook and were doggone good at it.

And everybody knows that in Georgia, most everything is fried. Especially chicken.

These babies are delicious, and super easy to make.

Just cut a chicken breast into strips, then tenderize with a meat mallet (notice I said tenderize, not smash to smithereens).

Dip in a beaten egg batter, then roll thoroughly in your favorite breading mix (I used my basic one of flour, garlic salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and a tad of powdered sugar).

Fry in hot oil until golden brown and juices run clear when you poke it with a cooking fork.

So good, they'll make you want to slap your granny. So make sure she's a safe distance away.

No comments:

Post a Comment