Thursday, June 30, 2011

Deep-Fried Dill Pickle Chips

It's all Brittany's fault. Well, and Tyler's, since he started the whole thing. Britt threw the tease out on Facebook, so I had to ask. She said they were easy to make, so I thought, okay. Maybe I can't mess them up.



Thankfully, this time what I saw in my head actually happened.

Start with crispy dill pickle chips. I just happened to have the Vlasic ovals, which were perfect--a little larger and thicker than hamburger chips, so they handled well.

First dip the chips into a beaten egg batter, then roll them in your favorite breading mix (this was my basic one of flour, garlic salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and a tad of powdered sugar).

Drop (carefully!) into oil that you've gotten pretty hot. Fry only a few at a time, and watch them closely as they tend to cook pretty quickly.

As soon as they are golden brown, remove with a metal strainer spoon and drain on a paper towel.

Serve hot. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment